Rendering

The choices made in the tilting fog of an old night,
are always easier than upright tactile daylight conversations.
The brightness of clarity a constant reminder of what I look like, to me, to you.
How tarnished and blemished am I willing to become when I can still see so clearly?
oh so reasonable.
In the dark you look like a devil, In the dark you look like an angel.
You can be whatever I want you to be.

Patterns on display. Wash, rinse, repeat.
Then I see you, fresh and glowing in the mid-day sun.
What have we become?
I am still wholly myself, with or without you.
You do not complete me.

Lies on display. Rinse Rinse Rinse.

I defy nature.
You used the juxtaposition of our dark against me.
weak weak weak.
So I carry your darkest night into my brightest day.
And there you stayed...

Until
I saw the worst parts of me in you.

Comments

Popular Posts