Destiny - first left

I used to think, or I would tell people I thought, because it usually sparked some type of discussion, that no matter what choices you made you would always end up right where you were meant to. That destiny won out over free will, every time. I mean if you believe in astrology to some degree you are saying that no matter what you have some pre-programmed software that is beyond your intent and left unchecked is your immediate responds to situations and emotions. Therefore you are predestined to act in such a way that you did not get to pick. Unless you are of the thought that you yourself are responsible for your time, place and manner of your birth. Picking this flesh body to travel though this lifetime of circumstances to teach you what is you need to know. Then you wouldn't really believe in destiny at all would you? It was your choice from the very beginning, the very second you had conscious thought was of your own design.

So where 'fate' or 'destiny' having placed you in the skin you are in is replaced with choice.

And every choice there after lays out the road map that you travel. This to me seems rather clumsy.

An entire world of people bumping into each other accidentally. I choose to go left today instead of right and I met the person of my dreams. I go right instead of left and meet no one at all and spend forever alone. Our lives would be a vault of missed connections and happenstance. With no check point to come back to, no save spots and no end game. Just left or right.

I think it might be both. I think there are connections that are made no matter what. I believe they transgress time and space. Connections made lifetime after lifetime. I believe that you can love someone a thousand different times and find them again and again. I believe you can hate someone a thousand different times until you are right in your soul with it enough to not hate anymore. But the ways we get there, the roads we travel are of our own design. And if we are brave enough to take chances and make hard choices the possibility of experiencing the life we choose to have from the second we could breath broadens beyond our small ideas of ourselves and into what we knew from the first moment of life to be our full potential. 

Big choices are scary, that's a hard left and the option to go right is gone forever.


Comments

Popular Posts